!! History Commons Alert, Exciting News
Profile: Kenneth deGraffenreid
Positions that Kenneth deGraffenreid has held:
- Deputy National Counterintelligence Executive
- Formerly Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Support
- Senior Director of Intelligence Programs, National Security Council (1981-1987)
- Senior professional staff member, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (1977-81)
- Senior Fellow on Intelligence, National Strategy Information Center
- Captain, U.S Navy Reserves
Kenneth deGraffenreid was a participant or observer in the following events:
Stephen Cambone, the new Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence, acquires control of all of the Pentagon’s special access programs (SAPs) related to the war on terrorism. SAPs, also known as “black” programs, are so secret that “some special access programs are never fully briefed to Congress.” SAPs were previously monitored by Kenneth deGraffenreid, who unlike Cambone (see February 4, 2003), had experience in counter-intelligence programs. DeGraffenreid quits a short time later. Cambone is considered very close to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. [New Yorker, 5/24/2004]
Receive weekly email updates summarizing what contributors have added to the History Commons database
Developing and maintaining this site is very labor intensive. If you find it useful, please give us a hand and donate what you can.
If you would like to help us with this effort, please contact us. We need help with programming (Java, JDO, mysql, and xml), design, networking, and publicity. If you want to contribute information to this site, click the register link at the top of the page, and start contributing.